Transana-MU Message Server 2.40 Upgrade Guide
The first step is to remove the old Message Server. Then you download and install the new Message Server.
- Navigate to the Transana Message Server program folder, probably C:\Program Files\TransanaMessageServer.
- Double-click the file "unins000.exe". This will uninstall the earlier Transana Message Server version. You will be required to reboot.
- After the reboot, you may need to manually remove (delete) the TransanaMessageServer program folder and its contents.
- Now download the file "TransanaMessageServer240Win.zip" from the Transana multi-user download page. The link to this page is in your Transana-MU Purchase Receipt e-mail.
- Unzip the downloaded file. Then double-click "TransanaMessageServer240Win.exe" to run the installer.
- Follow the instructions in the installer. Make sure you start the service and that it's set to start automatically.
On Mac OS
- In your "usr/local/TransanaMessageServer" folder, delete the existing "TransanaMessageServer*.py" file.
- Download "TransanaMessageServer240Linux.zip" from the Transana multi-user download page. The link to this page is in your Transana-MU Purchase Receipt e-mail.
- Unzip the file, placing "MessageServer.py" in your "usr/local/TransanaMessageServer" folder.
- Make the file executable, either using the Terminal Window or by changing the permissions through the GUI File Manager.
- If you are upgrading from Message Server 2.00, made the Message Server start automatically, you will need to edit the "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" file, changing the TransanaMessageServer line from "TransanaMessageServer200.py" to "TransanaMessageServer.py". This is not necessary if you are upgrading from Message Server 2.12 or later.
- Reboot your computer. This stops the old Message Server and, if you set it up to do so, starts the new one.